Quarantine Poetry

During this long quarantine I haven't much to do,
the only thing I think about is what I never thought of:
how I never really noticed how the time flies by.
I've been staying up late and I sleep in even later
doing schoolwork in the evening and maybe baking/cooking later
but I never really realized how the time flies by.
I eat a lot of sugar but I make enough to share
and with a very clingy kitty sending fur out everywhere
I guess I never really thought of how the time flies by.
I cook and bake and sew all while brushing out my hair
with yoga here and there, flour and sugar everywhere
I just never really noticed how the time flies by.
So take your time
and ease your mind
as any quarantine
it is not timed.
no one knows when it will end
someday the end will be 'round the bend.
Before that however, this I must say
pay attention to the time
don't let it fly away.


Not much to do, even less to see
during this long quarantine.
As I look outside my window,
there's a line of pretty trees.
There sits a bird
among these trees
eating berries and about to sneeze.
It's a plump yellow bird,
eating berries in these trees,
I was so curious
I'd never seen a bird sneeze.
It could've been it's face, perhaps.
So close to forming a sneeze.
Or maybe it resembles a cat, 
or a pug or a bulldog,
all scrunched up and ready to wheeze.
It's too bad I can't go outside.
It's much to risky it seems.
Maybe that's why this bird will sneeze,
the cause of this long quarantine.


Questionable
Ubiquitous
Active
Random
An excuse to stay home
Necessary
Timeless
Indoors
Nagging
Efficient

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burglary poetry

Light as a Feather